Who Puts on This CelebrationYou do. I do. We all make it happen. It is truly grassroots, a people's parade that spontaneously erupts downtown on New Year's Eve. It is our answer to humdrum pre-digested city-sponsored and corporate infotainment. How did this happen? Check out Last Night History.
We'd like to invite you to help plan this year's downtown New Year's Eve celebration. Call a planning meeting, a potluck, a pizza party. We can brainstorm this year's celebration, and figure out ways to create music and politics, guerilla artists and art, intrigue and adventure.
Who's Participated in This In the Past?Nothing draws a crowd like a crowd. So in that spirit, we'll list any group who's talking seriously about joining us. If you want to be listed (or if you're irritated that we listed you), drop us a line.
Here are some of the fine folx who were brave enough to jump in on this unlikely affair:
- Free Skool Eskrima: Filipino Stick and Knife Fighting
- Last Night Pillow Fight BYOP (Bring Your Own Pillow)
- Gamelan Anak Swarasanti
- Community Music School Celtic Band
- Hoopalights - a Santa Cruz LED Hoop Dance Troupe
- Midnight Mystery Riders
- Santa Cruz Pipes & Drums
- Santa Cruz Art & Revolution
- Santa Cruz Trash Orchestra
- Silent Peace Walk
- The Great Morgani
- The Opera Lady
- Henmei no Komuso
- Interactive art projects!
- Santa Cruz Radical Cheerleaders
- Amnesty International, Santa Cruz Chapter
- Bike Kids
- Midnight Mystery Ride
- Humanity for Homeless
- The Great Morgani
- The Winter Queen
- Ukulele Players of Santa Cruz
- Homeless United for Friendship and Freedom
- Human Rights Organization
- Village Music Circle Community Drummers (with Arthur Hull)
- The Silk Road School of Sword and Self-Defense
- Lee and his Fish Bike
- Talempong Indonesian Ensemble
- Sean's 2-story Petal-Powered Octopus
- "Don't Tread On Me" horse and rider
- The Giant Shitting Pigeon
- Women in Black
Join usOkay, enough hemming and hawing. It's time you sprung into action. Stop yer waitin' and seein'. The world's gonna pass you by and you'll be bummed.
- Get on the email list and get updates.
- Go to a Last Night Un-Planning Meeting.
- Get a group together to particiapte in the celebration.